Wednesday 31 August 2016

NYX HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR PALETTE/// SWATCHES AND REVIEW...



Back at it again with the NYX make-up, and I tell you what I am in LOVE with this brands so much that I thought lets introduce you to the new contour palette I recently purchased. This palette costs £18.00, and it is powder based, whereas a lot of contour palettes I normally invest in are cream based. I must say I have never been a fan of powdered products such as, foundation and contour palettes as I always tend to buy cream ones. However, i decided it was time for a change so I have decided to experiment with a powder contour set. 


                                        
   (Swatches starting from top left, across to top right, down to bottom left and across to bottom right)


However, I have found one problem with this palette, and that is that the lightest shades of contour is unrecognisable on the face just like it is unrecognisable in the image above, so I suggest finding a different product to use for lighter toned contour to use under the eyes ( ICONIC LONDON , SLEEK MAKE-UP). Even though there is a problem with this palette the darker shades make it all worth the money. They are the best colours of contour for a bronzy/natural look. The last 4 colours of this palette sculpt the face and give the face more of a defined look, not only do they do that they also are extremely easy to blend, and last on the face for around 6 hours. There are a few highlighting colours in this palette, but I find that other highlighting colours seem to match the dark contour shades better ( NYX Strobe of Genus illuminating palette - previous blog post). I also find that these contour shades do not go blotchy on the face and don't move when your face gets all hot and sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment